Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Randoms and Reflections

I keep seeing this Proactiv ad on TV, so far I've seen Jessica Simpson, Vivica A. Fox, Vanessa Williams, P. Diddy (can you believe it) and recently, Lindsay Lohan. These past couple of weeks I've been having bad breakouts and I've been thinking if i should buy a set (for only two easy payments of 39.95 oooooh). I know everyone will tell me not to buy it because i am drowning in debt, I can barely make the minimum repayments on my credit card but but but.... can you really put a price on beauty and confidence and health? hihi! Maybe on my next student allowance!
_____________________________________________

Our business professor told us to write a journal about ourselves to help understand our strengths and weaknesses more. Like a SWOT analysis (lol!) A little self- discovery thing. It's important to becoming a successful business person. Seriously, I know I will be super duper successful in the future (because if I don't believe in myself, then no one else will!) to just prove something to myself that all this (prolonged) time spent studying and all that is not gone to waste. I've been reading case studies of successful kiwi companies that had the ""black magic" in them, and they are pretty amazing bunch. One of the people that I did a reading on was Karen Walker (not the Will and Grace character), a really big designer name here in New Zealand. She had the idea to mix Lycra with wool, which then brought back wool in the fashion industry, because back then no one really liked wearing wool because they wear out and it's hand wash and u can't hang them when you're drying it. And when she mixed it with Lycra, everyone wanted a piece of it. And now she's this big name that everyone knows!

I don't know, I just find these things amazing and ingenious! Like who would have thought of that! And one day that would be me! Might not be mixing wool and Lycra though, but I'd be thinking of some genius thing and everyone will want a piece of my knowledge! So watch out world! I have a lot of crazy ideas! Muhahaha!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

no! stop it! of cors those celebs look good on tv and its not just cos of pro activ (maybe they don't even use it at all) but bec they have gazillions of moolah to spend on beauty therapists, facials, spa, personal trainers and facial people. and of cors its tv! tons of make up to make them look good and nice skin. and u don't need to go spending on unnecessary things again kase wala ka ngang pera eh! gosh!!!!! i will be ur financial advisor and first thing u need to do is cut up that card! hahaha

fuseman said...

u know celebs need it coz they look like shit without it :) you dont kiddo! :)

JENNY said...

don't worry i understand you. small price to pay for self-esteem. *wink wink*

Anonymous said...

"Maybe on my next student allowance!' - what student allowance? you've spent it yday! NEXT! hahaha.